Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Done and Dusted.

Hello fellow travelers.
A brief studio update coming down the tracks.
For the last four or five weeks I've been painting as another person, and artist who died in 1907.
I needed to do two paintings one described in a novel, and another I need to make up in the same style but not described basically at all except in passing as "lost".
Funny thing about pseudonyms, They grow on you. I found myself actually feeling as if someone else was at the wheel, or leaning over my right shoulder from ectoplasmic otherwhere desperately trying to make my hands move differently and occasionally trying to force them to behave contrary
to the way I wanted them to move. A kind of artificial possession.
But, I finished them both this afternoon and so must roll up "Philip" and get back to being me.
Needless to say, it has been one of the more interesting things I have done in years and years.

Tomorrow I go back to the studio room and try and figure out what I need to do, as nothing looms on my creative horizon. I think I'll miss the dead guy. But I really wouldn't want to make a habit out of it.
Just chalk it up as "fun while it lasted".

Hopefully you will begin seeing them in one form or another in the next few months.
I'd like that.
But for now, I have to work my back from the twilight zone.

Thanks for listening.

M.Z.

1 comment:

end said...

Glad you're back Michael, not only posting here but busily working. If i win the lottery tonight i will definitely contact you for that commission. But alas, as an independent dance artist things are tight around here as well. Looking forward to receiving my 'Fracture' though.